You can make your application through our online form, which can be accessed here.
ALTERNATIVELY, PLEASE COPY AND PASTE AS A DOCUMENT OR IN AN EMAIL, COMPLETE THE INFORMATION REQUESTED AND EMAIL US THE LATTER, or EMAIL US THE COMPLETED INFORMATION AS A PDF
You can view the Trustee Role Description here: https://lgbtnetwork4change.com/network-trustee-role-description/
This form includes sections about you and your experience, an equality and diversity monitoring section, and a trustee eligibility and declaration section.
Referenced in the last section is our code of conduct which can be found here: https://lgbtnetwork4change.com/code-of-conduct/
Please also read and confirm that you will comply with our:
Equality Policy: https://lgbtnetwork4change.com/equality-anti-discrimination-policy/ Safeguarding Policy: https://lgbtnetwork4change.com/safeguarding-policy/ and Data Protection Policy: https://lgbtnetwork4change.com/data-protection/
Please note the deadline for applications where you are responding to a time-sensitive Network trustee recruitment campaign.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your applications!
Following a successful application, you will be invited to an informal interview and requested to provide the names and contact email of two relevant referees.
Asterisked ‘*’ questions are mandatory/must be completed
Why do you want to become a trustee at LGBT+ Network for Change?* (50 – 200 words)
Please describe any previous experience in a governance role and/or in relation to LGBT+ campaigning* (50 – 200 words)
Please give an example that shows you can work well with others* (50 – 200 words)
We are particularly looking for trustees with knowledge or experience in finance, fundraising, writing grant applications, social media, publicity and marketing. Do you have any experience in these areas? (50 – 200 words)
Will you try to attend monthly Network-wide project meetings? Please respond yes or No
Trustee Eligibility and Declaration Section (is essential to e-sign this in your response):
I declare that I have read the Charity Commission’s automatic disqualification guidance and am EITHER not disqualified from acting as a charity trustee for any of the following reasons:
1. You have an unspent conviction for any of the following:
a) an offence involving deception or dishonesty
b) a terrorism offence to which Part 4 of the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 applies
c) an offence under section 13 or 19 of the Terrorism Act 2000
d) a money laundering offence within the meaning of section 415 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
e) a bribery offence under sections 1, 2, 6 or 7 of the Bribery Act 2010
f) an offence of contravening a Commission Order or Direction under section 77 of the Charities Act 2011
g) an offence of misconduct in public office, perjury or perverting the course of justice
h) In relation to the above offences, an offence of: attempt, conspiracy, or incitement to commit the offence; aiding, or abetting, counselling or procuring the commission of the offence; or, under Part 2 of the Serious Crime Act 2007 (encouraging or assisting) in relation to the offence.
2. You are on the sex offenders register (i.e. subject to notification requirements of Part 2 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003).
3. You have an unspent sanction for contempt of court for making, or causing to be made, a false statement or for making, or causing to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth.
4. You have been found guilty of disobedience to an order or direction of the Commission under section 336(1) of the Charities Act 2011.
5. You are a designated person for the purposes of Part 1 of the Terrorist Asset-Freezing etc. Act 2010, or the Al-Qaida (Asset-Freezing) Regulations 2011.
6. You have previously been removed as an officer, agent or employee of a charity by the Charity Commission, the Scottish charity regulator, or the High Court due to misconduct or mismanagement in the administration of the charity.
7. You have previously been removed as a trustee of a charity by the Charity Commission, the Scottish charity regulator, or the High Court due to misconduct or mismanagement.
8. You have been removed from management or control of anybody under section s34(5)(e) of the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 (or earlier legislation).
9. You are disqualified from being a company director, or have given a disqualification undertaking, and leave has not been granted (as described in section 180 of the Charities Act) for you to act as director of the charity.
10. You are currently declared bankrupt (or subject to bankruptcy restrictions or an interim order).
11. You have an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) to pay off debts with creditors.
12. You are subject to a moratorium period under a debt relief order, or a debt relief restrictions order, or an interim order.
13. You are subject to an order made under section 429(2) of the Insolvency Act 1986 (failure to pay under a County Court Administration Order).
OR I have obtained a waiver from the Charity Commission which sets my disqualification aside and have attached a copy to this form.